Creation of Rational Synergy Informix server fails with error message - The length of below string is longer than 57 characters
Attempts to create IBM Rational Synergy Informix server fails with error message 'The length of below string is longer than 57 characters which will make some parameter's lines length of ONCONFIG longer than 80 character'
Steps to reproduce:
- Install Rational Synergy in path having more than 38 characters,
For example: /vol2/mytestbed/rational/synergy72/ccm
- Run the following command as Informix user to create the informix server,
ccmsrv create -s <informix server name>
Create Informix server having informix_server_name_length such that the sum of informix_server_name_length and Rational Synergy runarea_path_length is more than 43 characters.
Informix server name is testsrv (length = 7 characters).
Sum of informix_server_name_length and Ratinal Synergy runarea_path_length is 45 characters (7 + 38).
- Creation of Synergy Informix server, fails with message:
INFORMIXDIR:/vol2/mytestbed/rational/synergy72/ccm/informix servername: testsrv the length of below string is longer than 57 characters /vol2/mytestbed/rational/synergy72/ccm/informix/etc/testsrv which will make some parameter's lines length of ONCONFIG longer than 80 characters.
The sum of length of of Rational Synergy runarea path and informix server name is more than 43 characters
Resolving the problem
Solution 1 :
- Reduce the length of Informix server name to ensure the sum of informix_server_name_length and runarea_path_length is less than 43 characters.
Let informix_server_name be test ( 4 characters)
Hence the sum of informix_server_name_length and runarea_path_length is 42 characters( i.e 4 + 38 )
- Run the below command as Informix user:
ccmsrv create -s test
Creation of Informix server proceeds with the above error.
- As CM administrator. Create a link to the folder containing Rational Synergy runarea using
ln -s command.
As ccm_root, cd to/vol2/mytestbed/rational.
Create link using command
ln -s synergy72 s72
Note: Link name should be smaller then the actual folder name.
- Modify CCM_HOME variable to the link created by using below command
Now, runarea_path_length = 32 characters.
- Create Informix server having informix_server_name as testsrv
Length of the informix server name is 7 characters.
Hence , sum of informix_server_name_length and runarea_path_length is 39 characters(7 + 32).
- Run the command as Informix user:
ccmsrv create -s testsrv
Creation of Informix server proceeds.
More support for:
Software version: 7.2, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168
Operating system(s): AIX, Linux, Solaris
Reference #: 1623727
Modified date: 04 February 2013