Known issues regarding IBM Endpoint Manager for Server Automation v8.2.
1. If you update the Web Reports user credentials for an existing Web Reports user by logging on to Web Reports, the BES Server Plugin Service is not Configured Correctly Task in Tivoli Endpoint Manager Console does not become relevant. You must run this task to update the registry settings for the Tivoli Endpoint Manager server plugin service.
If this task has not run successfully, the following messages are displayed in the pe_console.log file:
2013-01-24 11:20:45,500 INFO [PlanEngine] (util.AccessChecker:151) :: IZNENG0132I The WebReports Service could not be reached. Verify that the BES WebReports Server Username and Password are correct.
2013-01-24 11:20:45,500 INFO [PlanEngine] (util.AccessChecker:159) :: Invalid username or password.
2013-01-24 11:20:45,500 WARN [PlanEngine] (core.PlanActionQueue:125) :: IZNENG071W Failed to retrieve the Automation Plan Action data from TEM Server (Web Reports Error): com.ibm.tivoli.iemfsa.planengine.exception.IemInteractionException [IZNENG016E The web report service is unavailable. Invalid username or password. ]
To update the registry settings for the Tivoli Endpoint Manager server plugin service you must complete the following.
- Click Warnings in the Domain Panel in the Server Automation domain.
- If Warnings is not visible in the navigation tree, click Show Non-Relevant Content to display it.
- In the Warnings dashboard, select BES Server Plugin Service is not Configured Correctly.
- On the Description tab click BES Server Plugin Service Configuration and enter the new Web Report User credentials in the BES Server Plugin Service Configuration panel. - 32111
4. Because of an underlying Tivoli Endpoint Manager issue, some Automation Plans might fail at a step in the Automation Plan immediately following the enablement of a Tivoli Endpoint Manager client (for example, where the previous step provisioned a new virtual machine or powered on an existing virtual machine). It is not limited to steps that run fixlets from custom sites, the step that is failing might be running a fixlet from any site. A workaround for this issue is to reduce the number of sites on the system to which the computer is subscribed. For more information about this issue, see http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21578296.- 32130
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.