Known issues regarding IBM Endpoint Manager for Server Automation v8.2.
1. If you update the Web Reports user credentials for an existing Web Reports user by logging on to Web Reports, the BES Server Plugin Service is not Configured Correctly Task in Tivoli Endpoint Manager Console does not become relevant. You must run this task to update the registry settings for the Tivoli Endpoint Manager server plugin service.
If this task has not run successfully, the following messages are displayed in the pe_console.log file:
2013-01-24 11:20:45,500 INFO [PlanEngine] (util.AccessChecker:151) :: IZNENG0132I The WebReports Service could not be reached. Verify that the BES WebReports Server Username and Password are correct.
2013-01-24 11:20:45,500 INFO [PlanEngine] (util.AccessChecker:159) :: Invalid username or password.
2013-01-24 11:20:45,500 WARN [PlanEngine] (core.PlanActionQueue:125) :: IZNENG071W Failed to retrieve the Automation Plan Action data from TEM Server (Web Reports Error): com.ibm.tivoli.iemfsa.planengine.exception.IemInteractionException [IZNENG016E The web report service is unavailable. Invalid username or password. ]
To update the registry settings for the Tivoli Endpoint Manager server plugin service you must complete the following.
- Click Warnings in the Domain Panel in the Server Automation domain.
- If Warnings is not visible in the navigation tree, click Show Non-Relevant Content to display it.
- In the Warnings dashboard, select BES Server Plugin Service is not Configured Correctly.
- On the Description tab click BES Server Plugin Service Configuration and enter the new Web Report User credentials in the BES Server Plugin Service Configuration panel.
2. Because of an underlying Tivoli Endpoint Manager issue, some Automation Plans might fail at a step in the Automation Plan immediately following the enablement of a Tivoli Endpoint Manager client (for example, where the previous step provisioned a new virtual machine or powered on an existing virtual machine). It is not limited to steps that run fixlets from custom sites, the step that is failing might be running a fixlet from any site. A workaround for this issue is to reduce the number of sites on the system to which the computer is subscribed. For more information about this issue, see http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21578296.
3. When gathering a new version of the Server Automation site, you might notice an intermittent XML console error. This error message has no functional impact and you can ignore it.
4. Timed out endpoints are not identified as timed out on the Automation Plan Action Status dashboard. Instead, the final status of the step action is displayed. If you need to view which endpoints have timed out, see the pe_console.log file.
-The list of timed out endpoints that are to be excluded from future steps - for all in-flight Automation Plans - is lost if the Automation Plan Engine crashes or is restarted. So if the plan engine crashes or is restarted, any timed out endpoints that you wanted excluded from future steps are not excluded from future steps.