I am unable to use the cut and paste icons that are located in the long description tool bar
Essentially it is just part of IE security that you maybe encountering. Below is instructions to help work around this limitation.
This is part of security with IE and the clipboard. To have them work
properly, the user has to take the following steps:
1) In Internet Explorer, select Internet Options under the Tools menu
2) Go to the Security Tab and click on the Trusted Sites icon
3) The Sites button should now be enabled, click that to open the
Trusted Sites dialog box.
4) Add the Maximo address/url to the list of websites to be trusted.
5) Click Close and then OK on the previous dialog.
6) The next time you are in Maximo, the first time that you click on one
of the Copy/Cut/Paste icons, Internet Explorer will tell you that the
webpage is requesting access to clipboard and do you want to allow
it. Click the 'Allow Access' button to give Maximo access. The buttons
will now work properly.