WebSphere thin client configuration exits with an CTGIN2534E error during initial installation and configuration or during a fixpack installation. A message similar to the following can be seen in the CTGInstallTrace00.log file:
WPKI0022E: SSL HANDSHAKE FAILURE: A signer with SubjectDN "CN=<hostname>, OU=ctgCell01, OU=ctgCellManager01, O=IBM, C=US" was sent from target host:port "<ipaddr>:<port>". The signer may need to be added to local trust store "/opt/IBM/SMP/wasclient/etc/trust.p12" located in SSL configuration alias "DefaultSSLSettings" loaded from SSL configuration file "file:/opt/IBM/SMP/wasclient/properties/ssl.client.props". The extended error message from the SSL handshake exception is: "No trusted certificate found".
Scenarios similar to the following may cause this error:
• The deployment manager host has changed since the initial installation and the certificates on the new system are different than the old one. The existing certificate will be out of date because default certificates are different between systems.
• The default SSL certificates have been modified, such as adding certificates to WebSphere for connection to Microsoft Active Directory and they are no longer stored in the default location (<WAS_HOME>/profiles/<your_profile>/etc). In a manual WebSphere configuration scenario, installation instructions state that the trust store should be copied from <WAS_HOME>/profiles/<your_profile>/etc.
The certificate being copied to the administrative workstation is out of date or incorrect.
Resolving the problem
One of the following approaches can be used to resolve this issue:
• If a fresh installation is being performed, copy the trust store, trust.p12, from the updated location to the administrative workstation, instead of the default location as indicated on the installation panels. Select Do not automate WebSphere configuration when prompted during installation. Enter the path on the local system where the updated trust.p12 was stored.
• Update the default trust store trust.p12 in <WAS_HOME>/profiles/<your_profile>/etc to include all of the required certificates and retry the installation.
• If this is a fixpack installation, replace the existing trust.p12 file in <Maximo Install Location>/wasclient/etc on your administrative workstation with the updated trust store (either from the new system or from the updated location). Retry the installation of the fixpack.
|Systems and Asset Management||IBM SmartCloud Control Desk||7.5||All Editions|
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.