Issues with the New Properties View in Rational Publishing Engine
A java.lang.NullPointerException error occurs when a user clicks New Properties View in Rational Publishing Engine 1.2.
This is a known Eclipse issue.
Diagnosing the problem
To produce the issue:
- Open the Document Studio application.
- Drag an element into the template content editor.
- Select the element.
- In the Properties view, select the drop down arrow.
- Click New Properties View.
- Click a tab, such as Specific. The java.lang.NullPointerException error displays.
Resolving the problem
Restart Rational Publishing Engine. Do not click New Properties View again.
The Properties view that displays by default is the new Properties View that was added as an enhancement in Rational Publishing Engine 1.2. You do not have to click New Properties View to use the functionality that was part of the enhancement. All of the tabs, except for the Advanced tab, are considered the new Properties view.
If you would like to use to the styling of the Properties view from Rational Publishing Engine 220.127.116.11 and earlier, in the Properties view, click the Advanced tab.