Preventive Service Planning
Experiencing PDS issues in my agent and / or TEMS, how do I debug these issues.
This document will assist you in troubleshooting a PDS issue in z/OS. This addresses V622 and V623 of IBM Tivoli Monitoring (ITM).
Updated maintenance for PDS is in PTF UA62291 (ITM V622 FP6) and in ITM V623 base.
There were ESTAE changes to PDS to perform a graceful shutdown should a problem with PDS arise. All efforts will be made to write the data from the PDS buffers to the PDS files. Also, PDS dumps will contain information that will help support isolate the problem, if possible.
APAR OA41236 has been opened to produce better error messages prior to abending.
Some of the error messages you will see in either the RKPDOUT or the RKPDLOG output files:
- KPDXIO: File not eligible for writing
- LSCX041 **** ERROR ****
ABEND occurred in line 187 of @@nnnnn(ITBL) ,offset 000266
Program terminated by operating system. ABEND code = S0C4
- LSCX010 **** ERROR ****
ABEND occurred in ASRTFL called from line 518 of _DYNAMN(MANE) ,
Program terminated by call to abort. ABEND code = U1210
- KPDIFIL: Invalid status information detected in file hiLevel.Qualifier.table name
(group group-name).........The file had not been closed properly.
- ABEND U1213 in KPDMANE
- Verify ITM V622 is at FP6 or higher.
- Do not delete and reallocate the PDS files, deleting and reallocating the files will cause loss of data.
- Send in the SVCDUMP title:
KPDMANE: Persistent DataStore ESTAE Dump followed by a message in the RKLVLOG:
- Look for message in the RKLVLOG: KPDMN004 PDS IS INACTIVE.
- Send the SVCDUMP to IBM support along with the complete started task log. This is either the agent or TEMS log depending on where PDS abended.
- Restart the address space. History collection is stopped after receiving message KPDMN004 PDS IS INACTIVE. There is no command to activate PDS once it has been set to an inactive state.
- If PDS continues to abend, then delete and reallocate the PDS files.
|Systems and Asset Management||Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for CICS on z/OS||4.2.0, 4.1.0, 5.1.0|
|Systems and Asset Management||Tivoli OMEGAMON XE on z/OS||4.1.0, 4.2, 5.1.0|
|Systems and Asset Management||Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for CICS TG on z/OS||4.2.0, 5.1.0|
|Systems and Asset Management||Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for DB2 Performance Expert for z/OS||4.2.0, 4.1.0, 5.1.0, 5.1.1|
|Systems and Asset Management||Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for DB2 Performance Monitor for z/OS||5.1.0, 5.1.1|
|Systems and Asset Management||Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for IMS on z/OS||4.2.0, 4.1.0, 5.1.0|
|Systems and Asset Management||Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for Mainframe Networks||4.2.0, 4.1.0, 5.1.0|
|Storage Management||Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for Storage on z/OS||4.2.0, 4.1.0, 5.1.0|
|Systems and Asset Management||Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for Messaging for z/OS||6.0.1, 6.0.0, 7.0, 7.0.1, 7.1.0|
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.