Preventive Service Planning
Experiencing PDS issues in my agent and / or Tivoli Management Server (TMS), how do I debug these issues.
This document will assist you in troubleshooting a PDS issue in z/OS. This addresses V622, V623 and V630 of IBM Tivoli Monitoring (ITM).
Updated maintenance for PDS is in the following PTFs;
ITM 622 - UA62291
ITM 623 - UA73317, UA73318
ITM 630 - UA74513
If possible, ensure PDS performs a graceful shutdown, in cases where this is not possible, the above maintenance will attempt to close the PDS files after writing the data in the buffer to the PDS files.
Also, with the above maintenance the PDS dumps will not contain information that will help support isolate your problem.
|ABEND occurred in line nnn of @@nnnnn(ITBL) ,offset nnnnnn
Program terminated by operating system. ABEND code = S0C4
|Send in dump and all logs from this address space.|
|LSCX010 **** ERROR ****
ABEND occurred in ASRTFL called from line 518 of _DYNAMN(MANE) ,
Program terminated by call to abort. ABEND code = U12nn
|Check for another abend prior to this abend. If no other abend, send in the dump and all logs from this address space.
Send in dump and all logs from this address space.
|KPDIFIL: Invalid status information detected in file hiLevel.Qualifier.table name
(group group-name).........The file had not been closed properly.
|Try to issue the recover command and see if this resolves the issue: F address-space,KPDCMD RECOVER FILE=DSN:datasetname (where datasetname is the full-qualified name of the file, without quotes)|
|KPDMN004 PDS IS INACTIVE||For some reason PDS did not initiate correctly, in the current design there is no command to turn on PDS.|
|KPDIFIL: Error opening file pdshilev.RKM5LPR3, RC = 14202||Verify pdshilev.RKM5LPR3 exists, if it exists verify it was built correctly. If built correctly, verify it is not being allocated by another address space.|
- If PDS continues to abend, you can execute a batch job to try to recover the data. The batch jobs can be found in &rhilev.&rte.RKANSAMU:
- KPDEXPTJ - Batch job to export a persistent datastore
- KPDRESTJ - Batch job to restore a persistent datastore from a file that was created by KPDEXPTJ.
- KPDXTRAJ - Batch job to extract table data from a persistent datastore dataset.
- If all else fails, you can scratch and reallocate the PDS files. In PARMGEN the WKANSAMU dataset contains standalone jobs to reallocate the PDS files if you do not want to run the composite KCIJPALO RTE build job after deleting the PDS files. In ICAT, you can execute the #P and #Q jobs after deleting the PDS files.
|Systems and Asset Management||Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for CICS on z/OS||4.2.0, 5.1.0, 5.3.0|
|Systems and Asset Management||Tivoli OMEGAMON XE on z/OS||5.1.0, 5.1.1, 5.3.0, 4.2.0|
|Systems and Asset Management||Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for CICS TG on z/OS||4.2.0, 5.1.0, 5.3.0|
|Systems and Asset Management||Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for DB2 Performance Expert for z/OS||4.2.0, 4.1.0, 5.1.0, 5.1.1|
|Systems and Asset Management||Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for DB2 Performance Monitor for z/OS||5.1.0, 5.1.1|
|Systems and Asset Management||Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for IMS on z/OS||4.2.0, 4.1.0, 5.1.0|
|Systems and Asset Management||Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for Mainframe Networks||4.2.0, 5.1.0, 5.1.1, 5.3.0|
|Storage Management||Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for Storage on z/OS||4.2.0, 4.1.0, 5.1.0|
|Systems and Asset Management||Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for Messaging for z/OS||7.0, 7.0.1, 7.1.0|