How do you draw an activity diagram in "Analysis Mode" when the selection is not shown in the general tab of the feature dialog in IBM Rational Rhapsody?
When you want to draw an activity diagram in "Analysis Mode" the selection is missing. This used to be an option but the default is "Design Mode".
A new property has been introduced:
The default setting of this property is "
TokenOriented". In token oriented simulation there is no analysis mode possible, only design mode.
This is why the check box for analysis mode has been removed in Token Oriented simulation.
SimulationMode parameter settings:
Activity::General::SimulationMode = TokenOriented
- This is the default simulation behavior of Rhapsody 7.5.3 and later
- Drawing in analysis mode is not possible and no check box is shown
Activity::General::SimulationMode = StateOriented
- This is the default simulation behavior before Rhapsody 7.5.3
- Drawing in analysis mode is possible and the check box is shown and selected.
- Drawing in design mode is possible and the check box is shown and not selected.
To get the check box for analysis mode to displayed again, you have to change the property
Here are the steps to change the property value for simulation mode.
- Right-click on an activity and select the option Features.
- Click the Properties tab in the Features dialog, and make sure that the properties filter is set to View All (as shown below).
- Expand the property headings Activity -> General and then you can set the value to