Rational Synergy Web-Mode GUI crashes after removing Public Key Infrastructure key
The IBM Rational Synergy web-mode GUI crashes after using a Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) key.
The Synergy GUI goes black and the session crashed when you click on the GUI after returning to the machine and inserting the PKI key. These are also known as Common Access Cards(CAC) or Smart Cards.
Steps to reproduce:
- Run Rational Synergy GUI in Web Mode on a Windows laptop using a PKI key.
- Remove key and reinsert key.
- Click on Rational Synergy GUI in status bar.
- The Rational Synergy GUI goes black and the session crashes.
This issue was identified as a product defect and logged under APAR PM80710.
Rational Synergy client on Windows 7
Resolving the problem
- Stop the Rational Synergy Client
- Edit the file
- Change this line:
lax.nl.java.option.additional=-Dsun.java2d.d3d=false -Djava.util.logging.config.file=../etc/logging.properties -Dcom.telelogic.cm.processtype=gui
- Restart the Synergy Web-Mode GUI
More support for:
Software version: 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 7.2, 7.2.1
Operating system(s): Linux, Windows
Reference #: 1622941
Modified date: 23 February 2015