Local Entry missing from the Help Preferences List
When starting the product from the final pane of the Installation Manager, the Local Information Center entry may be missing from the Help Preferences list.
Diagnosing the problem
- Install the product with the Installation Manager (IM).
- Choose either Remote (default) or Local for the Help install during the IM install
- Launch the product from the final pane of the Installation Manager.
- After the product starts, navigate to the Windows>Preferences>Help>Content dialog. Only a single entry is displayed. If the default remote help option was selected during installation, only the remote preference is displayed with a status of Enabled. If the local help option was selected during installation, only the remote preference is displayed with a status of Disabled
Both Local and Remote entries should be listed with one enabled and the other disabled. This is necessary to download the help or should you ever want to change the way you access the help system.
Resolving the problem
Resolve this issue by adding the missing Local help option URL manually.
Note: If you selected the default Remote help and plan to only ever access the help externally on the web, you do not need to add the entry for the local option The default help will work. If at any time you want to download and access the help locally, you will need to add and enable the local option and restart the product (follow instructions below)
- Go to Windows > Preferences > Help > Content
- Click New.
- In the Name field, type in "Local".
- In the URL field, paste the missing local URL:
- Enable the Local entry. If you originally were accessing the information on the web and are now changing to the local option, set the product information center entry to Disabled.
- Click Apply and then OK to exit the dialog.
- Restart the product.
After restart, the correct Help Content preferences will be available and if the local entry is enabled, the documentation will be downloaded automatically,
|Software Development||Rational Software Architect for WebSphere Software||Documentation||Linux, Windows||184.108.40.206|
|Software Development||Rational Software Architect||Documentation||Linux, Windows||220.127.116.11|
More support for:
Rational Application Developer for WebSphere Software
Software version: 18.104.22.168
Operating system(s): Windows
Reference #: 1622905
Modified date: 30 June 2014