Network Active Bypass (NAB) email notifications - Invalid Name
When attempting to configure the Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) in the Network Active Bypass Email Notifications of the LMI (Web Interface), the following error is generated: "Invalid Server IP Address or Name."
Network Active Bypass (NAB) LMI, Email Notifications, SMTP Email Server Configuration: "Invalid Server IP Address or Name." The LMI SMTP host configuration only allows name strings with endings that match valid top-level Internet domain names (example: .us, .es, .com, and so on). Internal domain names or customer domain names will not be accepted (example: iss.local or smtp.iss.intranet).
Diagnosing the problem
Rule out any connectivity or DNS issues:
- Confirm hostname resolves (DNS) through nslookup.
- Test SMTP e-mail server using SSH, "mailsend" command.
SMTP server address/IP: smpt.iss.intranet
Subject: TEST NAB
Resolving the problem
To resolve this issue, go through the instructions below:
- Login via SSH to NAB using the admin account.
- Run this command to set the e-mail sever:
cli set email_server
[e-mail server name]
- Run this command to confirm the changes were saved:
cli get email_server
- Login into the NAB LMI (web interface) to verify the changes are showing up there as well.