When attempting to configure the Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) in the Network Active Bypass E-mail Notifications of the LMI (Web Interface), the following error is generated: "Invalid Server IP Address or Name."
Network Active Bypass (NAB) LMI, E-mail Notifications, SMTP E-mail Server Configuration: "Invalid Server IP Address or Name." The LMI SMTP host configuration only allows name strings with endings that match valid top-level Internet domain names (example: .us, .es, .com, etc.). Internal domain names or customer domain names will not be accepted (example: iss.local or smtp.iss.intranet).
Diagnosing the problem
Rule out any connectivity or DNS issues:
- Confirm hostname resolves (DNS) through nslookup.
- Test SMTP e-mail server using SSH, "mailsend" command. Example:
SMTP server address/IP: smpt.iss.intranet
Subject: TEST NAB
Resolving the problem
To resolve this issue, go through the instructions below:
- Login via SSH to NAB using the admin account.
- Run this command to set the e-mail sever: cli set email_server [e-mail server name]
- Run this command to confirm the changes were saved: cli get email_server
- Login into the NAB LMI (web interface) to verify the changes are showing up there as well.
If the above information does not resolve your issue, please contact IBM Security Systems Customer Support.