When attempting to configure the Outgoing Mail Server(SMTP) in the NAB E-mail Notifications of the LMI (Web Interface), the following error is generated: "Invalid Server IP Address or Name."
NAB LMI, E-mail Notifications, SMTP E-mail Server Configuration: "Invalid Server IP Address or Name." The LMI SMTP host configuration only allows name strings with endings that match valid top-level Internet domain names (example: .us, .es, .com, etc.). Internal domains names or customer domain names will not be accepted (example: iss.local or smtp.iss.intranet).
A bug in the NAB LMI
Diagnosing the problem
Rule out any connectivity or DNS issues:
- Confirm hostname resolves (DNS) through nslookup.
- Test SMTP e-mail server using SSH, "mailsend" command. Example:
SMTP server address/IP: smpt.iss.intranet
Subject: TEST NAB
Resolving the problem
- Login via SSH to NAB using "admin"
- Run this command to set the e-mail sever: cli set email_server [e-mail server name]
- Run this command to confirm the changes were saved: cli get email_server
- Login into the NAB LMI (web interface) to see if the changes occurred there as well.
If the above information does not resolve your issue, please contact IBM Security Solutions Customer Support.