You have downloaded the Sametime App on your iPhone and want to access IBM SmartCloud for Social Business Instant Messaging (IM). What are the steps?
First, note you need to have at least iOS version 5 in order to install the Sametime App. Support for IBM SmartCloud for Social Business was introduced in the Sametime App released on January 14th, 2013 (version 220.127.116.11). It can be downloaded here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ibm-sametime/id472303810?mt=8.
Also, note that you must have an IBM SmartCloud account first (http://www.ibmcloud.com/social). Once you have an account, or if you already have an IBM SmartCloud account, then you can log into it using the iPhone following the steps below.
Steps to access SmartCloud Instant Messaging on your iPhone:
1. Once you have installed the Sametime App, you are prompted to edit community settings. Choose "Community."
2. On the "Add community" Page, select "IBM SmartCloud."
3. Enter your User ID and password.
4. Once you are done, click "Add" on the top right of the screen.
5. You will be back on the "Add Community" page. Click "Log In" on the upper left of the screen.
6. On the "Log In" page, select the "Log In" button to apply the information you filled in. Once you select "Log In", you will be able to chat with your IBM SmartCloud contacts.