I have downloaded the Sametime App on your iPhone and want to access IBM SmartCloud Instant Messaging (IM). What are the steps?
First please note you need to have at least iOS version 5 in order to install the Sametime App. The support for IBM SmartCloud was introduced in the Sametime App released on January 14th, 2013 (version 220.127.116.11). It can be downloaded here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ibm-sametime/id472303810?mt=8.
Also, please note that you need to have an IBM SmartCloud account first (https://www.ibm.com/cloud-computing/social/us/en/?1). Once you have an account, or if you already have an IBM SmartCloud account, then you can log into it using the iPhone following the steps below.
Steps to access SmartCloud IM on your iPhone:
1. Once you have installed the Sametime App you will be prompted to edit community settings. Choose "Community."
2. On the "Add community" Page select "IBM SmartCloud."
3. Enter your User ID and password.
4. Once you are done, click "Add" on the top right of the screen.
5. You will be back on the "Add Community" page. Click "Log In" on the upper left of the screen.
6. On the "Log In" page you will have all the information now, you just need to select the "Log In" button. Once you select "Log In" you will be able to chat with your IBM SmartCloud contacts.