How to log in to Connections Chat Cloud using Sametime App for iOS
You have downloaded the Sametime App on your iPhone and want to access instant messaging or chat in IBM Connections Cloud. What are the steps?
First, note you need to have at least iOS version 5 in order to install the Sametime App. Support for IBM Connections Cloud (formerly called IBM SmartCloud for Social Business) was introduced in the Sametime App released on January 14th, 2013 (version 22.214.171.124). It can be downloaded here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ibm-sametime/id472303810?mt=8.
Also, note that you must have an IBM Connections Cloud account first (http://www.ibmcloud.com/social). Once you have an account, or if you already have an account, then you can log into it using the iPhone following the steps below.
Steps to access Connections Cloud instant messaging on your iPhone:
1. Once you have installed the Sametime App, you are prompted to edit community settings. Choose "Community."
2. On the "Add community" Page, select "IBM SmartCloud." (A future update to the App will reflect the latest product name of IBM Connections Cloud; for now, select IBM SmartCloud.)
3. Enter your User ID and password.
4. Once you are done, click "Add" on the top right of the screen.
5. You will be back on the "Add Community" page. Click "Log In" on the upper left of the screen.
6. On the "Log In" page, select the "Log In" button to apply the information you filled in. Once you select "Log In", you will be able to chat with your IBM SmartCloud contacts.
More support for:
IBM Connections Chat Cloud
Software version: Version Independent
Operating system(s): Platform Independent
Reference #: 1622470
Modified date: 2014-10-02