The introduction of MQ 7.1 support in with WBI-FN PTF UK90261 leads to queue access authorisation problems for the queues used by the CIN if MQ security is enabled.
This impacts the following functionality of WBI-FN 3.11:
RM Import and ASP import
Message Management printing
WBI-FN Base PTF UK90261 provides support for WMQ 7.1 (when used with Message Broker 7.0).
When MQ security is enabled for the WBI-FN queues (either using RACF or other methods), the access authorisation for the queues used by the CIN are no longer sufficient.
All queues, which are used by the CIN currently need ALTER authorisations.
However, the related *.def files (sample scripts to set RACF authorisations for the WBI-FN queues) have not been adjusted, nor is the change mentioned in the PTF readme.
- DNIvQPFX.DNF_L_IMP (RMA- and ASP import input queue)
- DNIvQPFX.DNF_L_TR (RMA Transfer input queue)
- DNIvQPFX.DNF_O_FT (MSIF input queue)
- DNIvQPFX.DNF_O_FTTMH (MSIF input queue)
- DNIvQPFX.DNF_O_FTTML (MSIF input queue)
- DNIvQPFX.DNF_O_FTUMH (MSIF input queue)
- DNIvQPFX.DNQ_P_PRT (Message Management Printing input queue)
To work around the problem, you may decide to change the access authorisations for the above mentioned queues to ALTER rights.
If this is not possible, please wait with installation of PTF UK90261, until a fix for Base APAR PM80558 (and related MSIF and MM PTFs) is available.
The PTFs will provide the following:
- changed *.def files to change access authorisations for the CIN input queues to ALTER.
- changed CIN to use MQOpen options for the non-input queues, where UPDATE authorisation is sufficient.
We'll provide an update as soon as the PTFs are available.
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.