Loaded document specification is lost after saving changes to a loaded template
When working with a loaded document specification and a loaded template, the document specification disappears from the Launcher application when you modify and save the template in the Document Studio application.
Note: This issue does not occur when a document specification is created automatically for a template by the Document Studio application.
The document specification disappears from the Launcher application.
This issue is caused by a defect in Rational Publishing Engine 1.2.
Diagnosing the problem
To produce the issue:
- Start the Document Studio application.
- Open a template.
- Open a document specification in the Launcher application.
- Modify the template in Document Studio.
- Save the template.
Results: The document specification disappears from the Launcher application.
Resolving the problem
A workaround is to use the disconnected editing mode in the Document Studio application. This workaround addresses the issue, but disables the editing of more than one document at one time. The workaround also prevents automatic updates to the document specification with the changes made in the current template, changes such as adding data sources, creating variables, and so on.
To use the disconnected editing mode:
- In the Document Studio application, click Window > Preferences.
- Expand the RPE preferences and click Document Design.
- For the "Keep Document Specification synchronized with the current template" preference, select No.