How do you import Excel tables present as OLE objects into IBM Rational Rhapsody Gateway?
Objective is to view Requirement tool data in Rational Rhapsody
Excel tables present as OLE objects in Rational DOORS can be imported into Rational Rhapsody Gateway as Images by applying the steps below:
- Launch Rational Rhapsody and load a project
- Open Rational Rhapsody Gateway via Tools > Open Rhapsody Gateway
- Navigate to the Types section in Rhapsody Gateway via File > Edit Types
- Expand the Analysis Type in use and ensure the Requirement section contains the Picture/Image tag <Picture>
- Navigate to the Project configuration section and select the Requirement document
- Ensure the variable Capture Diagrams of the Requirement document is set to checked
- Click OK
- Reload the Requirement document in the Rational Rhapsody Gateway main window
- Single-click each requirement and an image with the excel table will be displayed
Once the Excel table information is imported into Rational Rhapsody Gateway, it can further be transferred to Rational Rhapsody via the Add High Level Requirements function
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.