How to configure DOORS TELELOGIC_LICENSE_FILE environment variable to use both node locked and floating license keys.
How do you configure TELELOGIC_LICENSE_FILE environment variable to use both node locked (Authorized user) and floating license keys for IBM Rational DOORS?
You would like configure your machine so that floating license keys can be used during the DOORS application access through the network and node locked license keys can be used during the DOORS application access outside the network.
Add variable values for your license server and node locked license file to the environment variable TELELOGIC_LICENSE_FILE to configure your machine to use a floating license key while the DOORS application access is through the network and node locked license keys is used during the DOORS application access outside the network .
1. Right click on My Computer
2. Click on Properties
3. Select Advanced or Advanced System Settings
4. Click on Environment Variables
5. Under System Variables, select New
6. Create an environment variable with Name TELELOGIC_LICENSE_FILE
7. Set the Variable values (semicolon separated) to use both node locked and floating license keys:
<Port@Hostname of the license server>;<Path of the node locked license key including the file name>
8. Click on OK to save the environment variable
Note: Above mentioned syntax would pick the floating license key first when using the DOORS application through the network and off the network DOORS application would check out the node locked license key
More support for:
Software version: 9.3, 9.4, 9.5, 18.104.22.168, 9.5.1, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199
Operating system(s): Windows
Reference #: 1622049
Modified date: 26 September 2013
Translate this page: