Enabling metadata imports from Cognos 10.1 in InfoSphere Information Server, Version 8.7
How do you upgrade the IBM Cognos BI Reporting - Content Manager to enable the bridge to import metadata from Cognos Version 10.1?
If you use InfoSphere Information Server, Version 8.7 and you want to import metadata from IBM Cognos Version 10.1, you must first install the following patches: rollup_RU4_imam_all_8700-8702, rollup_RU4_mib_all_8700-8702.
When the patch is installed, use the following instructions to enable an updated version of the IBM Cognos BI Reporting - Content Manager bridge.
NOTE: By default the previous version of the bridge is enabled. In this procedure you disable the previous version, which is contained in a subfolder of the folder Bridges, and enable the updated version, which is contained in a subfolder of the folder Bridges1.
- Stop the metadata interchange server by running the batch script ISHOME\Clients\MetaBrokersAndBridges\web\mbb-stop-service.bat, where ISHOME is the installation location for InfoSphere Information Server.
- In a text editor, open the file ISHOME\Clients\MetaBrokersAndBridges\Bridges\conf\MIRModelBridges.xml. Search for 'CognosRnRepository' and set the value of the attribute 'enabled' to 'False':
<Bridge id="CognosRnRepository" enabled="False"
- In a text editor, open the file ISHOME\Clients\MetaBrokersAndBridges\Bridges1\conf\MIRModelBridges.xml. Search for 'CognosRnRepository' and set the value of the attribute 'enabled' to 'True':
<Bridge id="CognosRnRepository" enabled="True"
- Restart the metadata interchange server by running the batch script ISHOME\Clients\MetaBrokersAndBridges\web\mbb-start-service.bat.
- Restart IBM WebSphere Application Server, which hosts the services of IBM InfoSphere Information Server.
NOTE: The following known limitations are applicable when using the updated version of the 'IBM Cognos BI Reporting - Content Manager bridge'.
- Metadata that is imported with the updated bridge does not reconcile with the metadata that was imported by using the earlier version of the same bridge.
- When you run metadata imports with the updated bridge from multi-server Cognos environments, the connection to the repository might be reset and the import might fail.
|Business Analytics||Cognos Business Intelligence||10.1|
More support for:
InfoSphere Information Server
IBM InfoSphere Metadata Asset Manager
Software version: 8.7, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11
Operating system(s): Windows
Software edition: All Editions
Reference #: 1622045
Modified date: 30 August 2013