Attempts to open an Encyclopedia after enabling ToGAF 9 framework in IBM Rational System Architect results in Error Parsing Property Set Files
Some of the Definitions get deselected in the encyclopedia configuration when there is a change in the Frameworks.
Resolving the problem
To resolve this, apply the following steps:
- Launch Rational System Architect
- Click on Tools and open Encyclopedia File manager
- Select the Encyclopedia on which you are getting the error after enabling the ToGAF Framework
- In the File Manager Window, Export the USRPROPS.TXT and delete the same
- Re-Open the encyclopedia and get to Tools > Customize Method Support > Encyclopedia Configuration
Note: Ensure that the options for the corresponding Definitions for which you are getting parsing errors are checked.
- Click OK
- Import the USRPORPS.TXT exported in Step 3 from the menu option Tools > Customize User Properties > Import USRPROPS.TXT
- Reopen the Encyclopedia
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.