Unable to access Help page from IBM FileNet P8 Workplace XT My Workplace page
Unexpected results “Page could not be found” clicking on “help” when on My Workplace landing page “home page”. Only reproducible in IE. Works as expected in Firefox.
Help page does not appear after selecting Help from the My Workplace landing page. The URL for searchqu.com may be set in your default browser causing Info Center Help page to be redirected.
The Help URL has been hijacked by malware "searchqu"
WAS 7, CE 5.1, Solaris, WPXT 1.1.5
Resolving the problem
To resolve the issue follow these steps to block the searchqu.com redirection:
- If your default browsers homepage is set to searchqu.com , change it to something else. Perhaps Google.com
- Search your system and note all folders and files related to searchqu.com.
- Uninstall Searchqu toolbar:
- Make sure you have a recent backup of your system prior to uninstalling any software.
- From Internet Explorer go to Tools> Manage Add-Ons Choose "Toolbars and Extensions" and uninstall anything in the list related to Searchqu
- From Control Panel > Programs and Features locate and uninstall anything related to Searchqu ( there may or not be searchqu applications here). Once searchqu is removed from IE and Control Panel, go back to the Folders and files noted in step #2 and remove any searchqu folders and files that may be left behind.
- Using your Security program, thoroughly scan your system.
Translate this page: