Could not enter Japanese password
1. Create a password hint. On the StartCenter, select Profile->Password Information
2. Enter the Current Password.
3. The rest of the other fields will now be editable.
4. Enter the Password Hint Question
5. Enter the Password Hint Answer in Japanese. Click OK.
6. Sign Out.
7. On the Login page, click on Forgot Password.
8. Enter the Primary Email and Password Hint Question.
9. Try to key in the Answer in Japanese. It it not possible to change the Language input to Japanese at this point.
Resolving the problem
It's not possible to change the language on the Answer field since it's input mode is Password. However, if you change the input mode to Default, you will be able to change the
language to Japanese and key in the Japanese characters in the Answer
Following is the workaround:
1. Go to -> System Configuration -> Platform Configuration -> Application Designer
2. Filter for FORGOTPSWD application and open it
3. Right click on the Answer field and select Properties
4. Change the Input Mode from Password to Default and save.
5. Sign out and test the Forgotten Password option again. You should be able to change the language to Japanese on the Answer field.
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.