How do I verify if an existing Tivoli Storage Manager FastBack server is a try and buy version or a full release?
Open the FastBack Manager and log on to the FastBack server.
- Look at the dialog header. If the header says "Try and Buy", you are running a try and buy version of FastBack server. The dialog will also show when the version expires.
- If header does not say "Try and Buy", you are using a full release.
- When you install a try and buy version of a FastBack server, a message will be displayed to say that you are running a try and buy version. If you do not see this message, you did not install a try and buy version.
- If you downloaded the FastBack software from Fix Central, then it is a full version as try and buy versions are not available on Fix Central.
- If you want to upgrade a try and buy version to a full release, refer to the tech note Upgrade a "Try and Buy" version.
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.