How do I verify if an existing Tivoli Storage Manager FastBack server is a try and buy version or a full release?
Open the FastBack Manager and log on to the FastBack server.
- Look at the dialog header. If the header says "Try and Buy", you are running a try and buy version of FastBack server. The dialog will also show when the version expires.
- If header does not say "Try and Buy", you are using a full release.
- When you install a try and buy version of a FastBack server, a message will be displayed to say that you are running a try and buy version. If you do not see this message, you did not install a try and buy version.
- If you downloaded the FastBack software from Fix Central, then it is a full version as try and buy versions are not available on Fix Central.
- If you want to upgrade a try and buy version to a full release, refer to the tech note Upgrade a "Try and Buy" version.