Recommended steps to troubleshoot problems and issues when using the FastBack for Exchange (FBE) product in a live Exchange environment. The document also describes the required data which should be collected in case a problem ticket needs to be opened with support.
Diagnosing the problem
FastBack Exchange does not function as expected and displays various errors.
Resolving the problem
1) Check that all FastBack Exchange requirements and pre-requests were fulfilled according to the FastBack for Exchange Installation and Usage Manual.
2) Check that the FastBack snapshots used for FastBack Exchange restore are mounted in Read/Write mode (the "Read only" option is unchecked in the Fastback Mount dialog box)
3) Check if you can access the mounted Fastback snapshot's content using Windows Explorer.
4) Check that an Anti-Virus application (if installed on the FastBack Exchange Exchange machine) is not scanning the mounted snapshot's virtual volumes (or folders) and is not blocking the access to the snapshot's content (files).
5) Use the following Troubleshooting instructions according to the FastBack Exchange error codes received:
In case the problem requires the IBM professional technical support assistance, the following steps can be used to gather the pertinent data:
a) Use the following Troubleshooting instructions for collecting the information required by the FastBack Exchange technical support:
b) Simulate the problem scenario, when the problem is witnessed, then collect the information as described in the link from step (a).
NOTE: A screenshot of the FastBack Exchange error message or the FastBack Exchange GUI showing the problematic state may be very helpful for the FastBack Exchange technical support to better understand the problem.
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.