The initial release of IBM Worklight 5.0.5 does not install the Studio component properly using Eclipse P2 when upgrading from a previous version. While the installation might appear to succeed, the internal Worklight Studio plugin does not get updated.
This applies to all editions of the P2 Eclipse update installation. Installations performed with the IBM Installation Manager do not have this issue. In addition, if the P2 Eclipse installation is done as a pure install without a prior version being present, the problem does not occur.
Diagnosing the problem
The problem can be verified with the following steps:
- Open the Help menu in Eclipse.
- Select About Eclipse SDK.
- Click on the Worklight icon and a version will be presented. If it does not start with 5.0.5, this problem has occurred. If the image of IBM Worklight 5.0.5 was obtained prior to 18 December 2012, it likely has this problem.
Resolving the problem
If the problem was encountered, uninstall the existing Worklight Studio and install the new one in its place. You can validate you have the updated version by opening the Help menu, selecting the About Eclipse SDK, and clicking on the Worklight icon. In the fix, the specific version of the "WorklightStudioPlugin" feature is listed as 188.8.131.5221217-0622.
- If you have the physical DVD for IBM Worklight 5.0.5, it contains the problematic version. Do not use it for upgrading.
- The following archives on Passport Advantage still present this problem:
- Download the updated version from IBM Fix Central or install using IBM Installation Manager.
|Mobile- Speech and Enterprise Access||IBM Mobile Foundation||Upgrades||AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Mac OS X, Solaris, Windows||5.0.5||Consumer, Enterprise|