Is there a way to have more then 40 x FastBack Shell logs kept at the same time?
FastBack Shell logs contain events and messages which can sometimes be generated at a very high frequency. Since the Fastback Shell logs limitation is to keep 40 x log files, the time frame for a specific problem can be missed, making troubleshooting difficult.
To enable the unlimited FastBack Shell logs option:
1) Go to the FastBack Shell logs folder
- Windows 2008 path: %system drive%\programdata\tivoli\tsm\fastback\shell
- Windows 2003 path: %system drive%\application data\all users\tivoli\tsm\fastback\shell
2) Create the file named FAST_SHELL.KEP
3) Restart the FastBack Shell service.
Note: Monitor the FastBack Shell logs growth to avoid the system disk from getting filled. Disable the unlimited FastBack Shell logs option after the troubleshooting stage is finished and the necessary logs have been collected.
To disable the unlimited FastBack Shell logs option:
1) Erase the FAST_BACK_SHELL.KEP file.
2) Restart the FastBack Shell service.
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.