Early program announcement for the IBM SDK for Java V8.
This new version of Java aims to provide Java SE 8 compatibility, while exploiting the unique capabilities of IBM platforms to achieve performance and usability improvements.
New in IBM SDK, Java Technology Edition, Version 8:
- Compatibility with the new Java SE 8 (JSR 337)
- Leveraging new IBM hardware
- Improved performance for workload optimized runtimes
- Enhanced support for Cloud & Multi-tenancy environments
- Improved efficiency of manipulating native data records/types directly from Java code
It is our aim to support the following platforms within the beta program:
AIX: IBM POWER
Linux: IBM System z, IBM POWER, x86, AMD64/EM64T
z/OS: IBM System z
The beta is expected to end in Q4 2013.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in joining this Early Program.
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.