Early program announcement for the IBM SDK for Java V8.
This new version of Java aims to provide Java SE 8 compatibility, while exploiting the unique capabilities of IBM platforms to achieve performance and usability improvements.
New in IBM SDK, Java Technology Edition, Version 8:
- Compatibility with the new Java SE 8 (JSR 337)
- Leveraging new IBM hardware
- Improved performance for workload optimized runtimes
- Enhanced support for Cloud & Multi-tenancy environments
- Improved efficiency of manipulating native data records/types directly from Java code
It is our aim to support the following platforms within the beta program:
AIX: IBM POWER
Linux: IBM System z, IBM POWER, x86, AMD64/EM64T
z/OS: IBM System z
The beta is expected to end in Q4 2013.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in joining this Early Program.