Describe how to enable drWatson on Windows agents, to produce and collect dump file and log subsequently to a process crash
ITCAM for Tx agent process is crashing, for example 'kfcmserver' process part of WRT agent
Need to collect DrWatson log and dump to possibly find the origin of the crash
ITCAM for Transactions agent installed on Windows OS system
Diagnosing the problem
In case of crash, check first :
- Windows Event viewer list of events
- Log files associated to the process that is crashing, for example <ITM_HOME>/TMAITM6/wrm/Analyzer/<host>_kfcmserver_<timestamp>.log file, in case of kfcmserver process crashing
Resolving the problem
To enable drWatson dumps and logs:
1. Enter the following command at the command prompt to enable Dr.
Watson as default debugger:
2. Enter the following command at the command prompt to open the Dr. Watson configuration dialog:
3. Set the Crash dump Type to FULL.
4. Remove the check from the Dump Symbol Table box.
5. Place a check in the Dump all Thread Contexts box.
6. Place a check in the Create Crash Dump File box.
Collect the drwtsn32.log and user.dmp files if available after a process crash. The drwtsn32.log and user.dmp files are located for Administrator account by default in
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\DrWatson
ITCAM for Transactions itcam4tx itcamfortx itcam
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.