Work Order Status Did Not Change From WMATL to APPR
After a receipt has been completed, the work order remains in WMATL status.
Periodically, the maintenance planner might change his mind after the work order routes to WMATL and the purchase has processed through to a PO.
It might be that the vendor could not send the complete order and the planner knows we don't need the full amount, so we process a complete receipts under the PO Select Actions option.
Even though the PO is now completely received, the work order remains in WMATL status, apparently because the planned quantity doesn't match the received quantity.
We cannot change the WMATL status to lessen the quantity. The only way we can route the WMATL work order is to route it to INPRG via the Assignment Manager, which may not be what we want to do.
There is no alert to the fact that the work order will remain in WMATL status; it is caught only if someone manually reviews the WMATL work order to see if material truly are outstanding.
1. Create a work order.
2. On the Plans tab, Material sub-tab.
select material, select an item from the look-up:
Check "Direct Issue"
Quantity = 2
3. Change the status to WMATL.
4. Go to the Inventory application, and from the "Select Action" menu reorder direct issue items.
An Approved PR has been generated.
5. Go to PR application, bring up the approved PR. From the "Select Action" menu create a PO.
Note the PONUM.
6. Go to the Purchase Orders application and bring up the generated PO. Approve the PO.
7. Go to the Receiving application and bring up the same PO. Select Ordered item, change the quantity from 2 to 1 and save the record.
8. Go to the PO application and bring up the PO. From the "Select Action" menu select "Receipts complete".
9. Hyper-link back to the work order and check the work order status. The work order remains in WMATL status.
Diagnosing the problem
Complete receipts from the Select Action menu in the Purchase Orders application will not physically receive all the remaining items. It will check the "Receipts Complete" flag on the POLINE, however, the receipt status remains PARTIAL in the Receiving application.
If the receipt status is PARTIAL in the receiving application, the work order status will remain WMATL.
Resolving the problem
Please do not use the "Complete Receipts" option under the Select Actions menu in the Purchase Orders application if an actual receipt needs to be generated.
Below is a workaround:
When the users receive the rest of the items and save it, then the work order status changes to APPR automatically.
1. Create a work order 1269 in Work Order Tracking application.
2. On the Plans tab, material sub-tab.
Click select materials button, select an item from the look-up:
tick direct issue
quantity = 2
3. Change the status to WMATL.
4. Go to the Inventory application and from the "Select Action" menu, reorder direct issue items / services:
Un-check "Run in Background" mode. Click "Run Reorder":
An approved PR has been generated:
5. Go to the Purchase Requisitions application and bring up the approved PR. Go to Select Action menu, create PO
Click Auto-number button. Click OK.
Note the PO number.
6. Go to the Purchase Orders application, bring up the generated PO. Enter a vendor.
Go to PO LINEs tab, Select Ordered item, change the quantity from 2 to 1.
Approve the PO:
7. Go to the Receiving application, bring up the same PO. Save the record. Receipt status is now COMPLETE:
8. Go to the PO application, bring up the PO. Select action menu, select receipt complete.
9. Hyper-link back to the work order, check the work order status. The work order has been approved automatically.
|Systems and Asset Management||Tivoli Service Request Manager|
More support for:
Maximo Asset Management
Work Order Tracking
Software version: Version Independent
Operating system(s): AIX, HP-UX, Solaris, Windows
Reference #: 1619886
Modified date: 11 April 2014
Translate this page: