User clicks "Maintain - Jobs - Define". User receives error message.
User receives similar error message when performing other Java-based functionality.
Could not create the view: !Could not create controller of type com.ibm.cognos.ccr.integration.internal.job.ui.JobDialogDefinitionViewController for composite class com.ibm.cognos.ccr.integration.internal.job.ui.JobDialogDefinitionUI!
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
... 68 more
Caused by: com.ibm.cognos.ccr.common.WebServiceConnectionException: exceptionId=ERR.ANY.WEBSERVICECONNECTIONEXCEPTION.CANNOT_EXECUTE_SERVICE, argument(s)=[FAIL: Message: Automation error
The service did not start due to a logon failure. Source: FrJavaProxyB, http://COL43-5414-2609/ibmcognos/controllerserver/CCRWS.asmx, ?]
There are many potential causes for the generic message "Could not create the view".
- TIP: For more examples, see separate IBM Technote #1612000.
This IBM Technote specifically relates to the scenario where the error message contains the message " Automation error The service did not start due to a logon failure".
- In this scenario, the cause is that an incorrect user and/or password has been used for the Windows service "IBM Cognos Controller Java Proxy".
Resolving the problem
Modify the username/password used for Windows service "IBM Cognos Controller Java Proxy", running on the Controller application server.
- Logon to the Controller application server as a Windows administrator
- Right-click on "My Computer" and choose "Manage"
- Expand "Services and Applications" and "Services"
- Double-click on "IBM Cognos Controller Java Proxy"
- Click tab "Log On"
- Modify the settings for "Log on as" as appropriate. In other words, choose "This account" and modify user to a Windows user who is a local administrator on the application server (typically the same as the "COM+ user")
- Click OK
- Click "General" tab.
- Click "Stop"
- Click "Start"
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.