Attempts to import a new IBM Rational ClearCase 8.0 license into IBM Rational License Key Server 8.1.3 results in the error "You are attempting to import a floating license on a system that is not a license server. You must install the Rational License Server software in order to install a floating license."
Steps to reproduce:
- Open the License Key Administrator
- Select import license key
- Navigate to the license key
- Select the license key
Expected result: License key is successfully imported
Actual result: The import fails
The following error is seen: "You are attempting to import a floating license on a system that is not a license server. You must install the Rational License Server software in order to install a floating license."
The license file rational_server_permanent is corrupted and can not be updated using the License Key Administrator.
Resolving the problem
To resolve the issue:
- Open the rational_server_perm.dat file
- Remove one of the duplicate entries for the ibmratl daemon
- Add an entry for the rational daemon
- Remove the increment lines for the old licenses
- Add the increment lines for the new licenses
- Save the file
- Open LMTOOLS
- Go to the Stop/Start/Reread tab
- Perform a stop/start/reread
|Software Development||Rational ClearCase||Licensing||8.0|
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.