Importing IBM Rational ClearCase 8.0 license results in "system not a license server" error
Attempts to import a new IBM Rational ClearCase 8.0 license into IBM Rational License Key Server 8.1.3 results in the error "You are attempting to import a floating license on a system that is not a license server. You must install the Rational License Server software in order to install a floating license."
Steps to reproduce:
- Open the License Key Administrator
- Select import license key
- Navigate to the license key
- Select the license key
Expected result: License key is successfully imported
Actual result: The import fails
The following error is seen: "You are attempting to import a floating license on a system that is not a license server. You must install the Rational License Server software in order to install a floating license."
The license file rational_server_permanent is corrupted and can not be updated using the License Key Administrator.
Resolving the problem
To resolve the issue:
- Open the rational_server_perm.dat file
- Remove one of the duplicate entries for the ibmratl daemon
- Add an entry for the rational daemon
- Remove the increment lines for the old licenses
- Add the increment lines for the new licenses
- Save the file
- Open LMTOOLS
- Go to the Stop/Start/Reread tab
- Perform a stop/start/reread
|Software Development||Rational ClearCase||Licensing||8.0|
Translate this page: