TPF Operations Server connection problem in Windows 7
I am using Windows 7 on my personal computer (PC). Why do I have a problem connecting to the TPF Operations Server native test environment on Windows 7?
The Windows firewall on Windows 7 might block the TPF Operations Server native test environment.
In addition to the TPF Operations Server, the Windows 7 firewall might block other applications, such the z/TPF debugger and the FTP client.
Do one of the following actions:
- Disable the Windows firewall on Windows 7. Complete the following steps:
- On the taskbar, click Start > Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Firewall
- In the Windows Firewall window, in the left panel under Control Panel Home, click Turn Windows Firewall on or off
- In the Customize Settings window, under Home or work (private) network location settings, click Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended).
- Click OK.
- Customize the Windows 7 firewall to accept the ports that are used by the z/TPF debugger and the TPF Operations Server native test environment.
For more information about disabling the Windows firewall, go to http://windows.microsoft.com/is-IS/windows7/Turn-Windows-Firewall-on-or-off.
For more information about customizing the Windows firewall, go to http://windows.microsoft.com/is-IS/windows7/Open-a-port-in-Windows-Firewall.
Always ensure that your PC is compliant with security standards. For more information about addressing security issues, see your I/T support representative.