Installed Visualization Designer on Windows 7 64 bit, launch the license wizard and enter the given authorization code. However, when it executes, it returns the error message:
"License Error: No license key found. Error sub-code: 18"
Diagnosing the problem
The license file, the lock code, the authorization code are all valid and match. Suggest the customer to re-run the License Authorization Wizard as administrator, but the error still persists.
Resolving the problem
Changing the lock code to 4-***** and re-run the License Authorization Wizard resolved this problem. To do this, please follow the steps below:
1) Locate the file named 'echoid.dat' Visualization Designer installation directory:
2) Right-click on echoid.dat.
3) Select Properties.
4) De-select (uncheck) the 'Read-only' file attribute (under 'Attributes').
5) Select Apply.
6) Select OK.
7) Right-click on the file named 'echoid.dat'.
8) Select Open (or Open With).
9) Select Notepad from the list of available programs.
10) Edit the contents to the following sequence of letters and numbers:
11) Select File.
12) Select Save.
13) Select File.
14) Select Exit.
15) Right click the License Authorization Wizard and select "Run as administrator", enter your code. And launch the application again.
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.