The IMS Connect server log shows an error due to duplicate client IDs with DataPower appliances. How can I prevent having duplicate IMS client IDs?
The IMS Connect server maps the client ID to a TCP connection for the life of a connection. These mappings must be unique, that is, two TCP Connections should not have the same client ID.
On an appliance, including virutal appliance editions, IMS connect uses the serial number to generate the IMS client ID. These generated client IDs might be the same on devices with the same serial number. Appliances can have the same serial number in the following situations:
- All virtual edition appliances have serial number 0000000.
- Appliances that are different hardware types, for example Type 7199 and Type 9235, might have duplicate serial numbers.
If you detect duplicate client IDs from two appliances when the client IDs are generated on the DataPower appliance, there are several ways to make the IMS client ID unique:
- Specify that the IMS Connect server generates the client ID instead of the DataPower appliance
- On the DataPower appliance, in the WebGUI, edit the IMS Connect configuration and specify a unique 2-letter value for the "Generate Client ID Prefix" field. "DP" is the default value.
- On the DataPower appliance, on the command line, in IMS Connect mode, specify a unique 2-letter value with the client-id-prefix command. "DP" is the default value.
|Business Integration||WebSphere DataPower Integration Appliance XI52||Firmware||4.0.2, 4.0.1, 4.0, 5.0.0|
|Business Integration||WebSphere DataPower Integration Appliance XI52 Virtual Edition||VMware ESXi, VMware ESX||5.0|
|Business Integration||WebSphere DataPower B2B Appliance XB60||Firmware||4.0.2, 4.0.1, 4.0, 3.8.2, 3.8.1, 5.0.0|
|Business Integration||WebSphere DataPower B2B Appliance XB62||Firmware||4.0.2, 4.0.1, 4.0, 5.0.0|