Inventory cost as well as the average cost is not updated.
Steps to recreate:
1. Move Asset 11430 to a REPAIR Location (If Repair Location does not
exist, create a new location with Type as Repair)
2. Create and Approve a work order against Asset 11430 (Make sure that the Charge To Store flag is checked).
3. Create a PO having one POLINE as Service for Unit Cost of 1000 and
enter work order number created above in Charge To Info.
4. Approve the PO.
5. RECEIPT against the above PO.
The Inventory Cost for Asset 11430 should have been updated.
The Average Cost for Rotating Item PUMP100 should have been updated.
The Inventory Cost for Asset 11430 doesn't get updated.
The Average Cost for Rotating Item PUMP100 doesn't get updated.
1. The Inventory Cost for Asset 11430 does not get updated in assets
application, the Inventory field (ASSET.INVCOST) in costs section displays zero. 2. Go to inventory application, bring up item PUMP100
The Average Cost (INVCOST.AVGCOST) for Rotating Item PUMP100.
Resolving the problem
1. In the assets application, the Inventory field (ASSET.INVCOST) in costs section shows zero
NOTE: invcost should only get updated when the work order is
closed, not when the material has been received:
i.e. If the work order has been closed, the asset.invcost should now show $1,000.00.
2. The Average Cost (INVCOST.AVGCOST) for Rotating Item PUMP100 in the Inventory application.
NOTE: The Inventory application has a rotating asset tab, since this rotating asset is no longer in a storeroom:
i.e. the rotating asset has already been moved to the repair location, the cost of the asset the asset cost will not show until the rotating asset have been moved back to the storeroom.
Then the cost will show up in the inventory cost field (ASSET.INVCOST) on rotating assets tab in the Inventory application.
Also the cost will show up in the last receipt cost (INVCOST.LASTCOST) in the inventory tab in the Inventory application.