How to Create an Agent Build for Host Protection for Desktop?
Host Protection for Desktop installation executable must be created from SiteProtector
Please follow the instructions below to create the installation executable (agent build) for Host Protections for Desktop (Server Protection for Desktop).
1. In the Agent View of SiteProtector, right click on the folder that the Host Protections for Desktop (HPD) is going to be in.
2. Select Manage Policy.
3. Select Proventia Desktop and Version of your choice. I suggest that you choose the latest one.
4. Open up the policy, and select Group Settings.
5. Add the Agent Manager information that the HPD is going to report to.
6. Click Save icon and deploy it to the group.
7. Open up the Update Settings policy.
8. Use the drop down box to select the Agent Version.
9. Open up the Proventia Desktop (HPD) policy.
10. Expand the Group Configuration tree on the left.
11. Click on 'Shared Configuration.'
12. Make sure that you click 'Install local desktop GUI' inside the Shared Configuration if you would like customer to have local GUI.
13. Click Save and Deploy the policy.
14. Go back to the Agent View.
15. Right click on the group that you would like the agent to be in, click Generate Agent Build.
16. Select the Agent Type to be Host Protection for Desktop.
17. Select the version to be the version that you chose in step 3.
18. Type in the Description of the build.
19. Click Ok.
20. After the agent build is generated successfully, you can access this site to obtain the agent build.
Note that AgentManagerIP should be changed to the IP address of the Agent Manager.
If the above information does not resolve your issue, please contact IBM Security Solutions Customer Support.
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.