IBM WebSphere Application Server Community Edition V188.8.131.52 is a lightweight Open Source-based Application Server which is certified to the Java Enterprise Edition 6 full Profile (Java EE Profile) specification. WebSphere Application Server Community Edition provides a platform to support situational as well as multi-tier enterprise applications with no up-front costs, while providing optional fee-based support offerings and a path to more advanced capabilities through the WebSphere Application Server family.
WebSphere Application Server Community Edition 184.108.40.206 is based on Apache Geronimo 3.0 r1366408 which integrates Apace XBean 3.11.2 r1371482 and Apache YOKO 1.3 r1365466, and other open source components. Refer to CHANGES.txt for more information.
Significant additional features and improvements provided in this service refresh release are as follows:
- WebSphere Application Server Community Edition 220.127.116.11 has passed Java EE 6 full profile certification with Java 7
WebSphere Application Server Community Edition 18.104.22.168 now supports full profile features of Java Enterprise Edition 6 with Java 7 as the runtime JVM.
- Java runtime environment support upgrade
- The supported Java SDK 6 has been upgraded to IBM SDK 6 SR12
- The supported Java SDK 7 has been upgraded to IBM SDK 7 SR3
- Add RHEL 6.3 as recommended platform and Fedora 17 as compatible platform
Refer to platform requirements for information about all supported platforms.
- Development environment
WebSphere Application Server Community Edition Eclipse Plug-in (WEP) for 22.214.171.124 is based on Geronimo Eclpse Plug-in (GEP) 3.0, which supports Eclipse Indigo or above, and supports Rational Application Developer (RAD) 8.5+. Refer to this technote for how to install WEP on RAD.