Cannot Approve Invoice
After changing Location Type from HOLDING to OPERATING, receive errors "BMXAA2013E - Could not change invoice XXXX status to APPR. BMXAA1774E - There is no holding location created for this site." while trying to approve an invoice.
Steps to reproduce the issue in Maximo 188.8.131.52, Maxdemo database:
1. Log into Maximo as WILSON.
2. Go to Administration > Organizations.
3. Bring up EAGLENA Organization and create a Site named SITE10.
4. Click on Profile > Default Information and change Default Insert Site to SITE10.
5. Go to Assets > Locations.
6. Bring up SITE10 Holding Location, associate a GL Account and save.
7. Go to Purchasing > Purchase Orders.
8. Click on New Purchase Order icon, accept the default values and enter this info:
Company = BWC.
9. Click on PO Lines tab, click New Row button, accept the default values and enter this info:
Line Type = Material
Description = MATERIAL01
Inspection Required = Yes
Quantity = 1.00
Order Unit = EACH
Unit Cost = 10.00
GL Debit Account = any valid GL Debit Account
10. Save, approve and take note of this PO number.
11. Go to Purchasing > Receiving.
12. Bring up the PO above.
13. From the Material Receipts tab, click on Select Ordered Items.
14. In "Select Ordered Items" box, select the line and click on OK.
16. Select Action > Change Inspection Status.
17. In "Change Inspection Status" box, select the line and click on OK.
19. Go to Purchasing > Invoices.
20. Click on the New Invoice icon and accept the default values.
21. Enter the PO in question into the PO field.
22. Click on the Invoice Lines tab > Copy PO Lines button.
23. In "Copy PO Lines" box, select the line and click on OK.
24. From the Invoice Lines table window, change the Unit Cost to 12.00.
25. Save and take note of this Invoice number.
26. Go to Assets > Locations.
27. Bring up SITE10 Holding Location.
28. Change the Location Type from HOLDING to OPERATING.
30. Go to Purchasing > Invoices.
31. Bring up the invoice in question.
32. Click on "Approve Invoice" icon.
33. In the "Change Status" box, click on OK.
The problem is:
At this point, system presents the errors:
BMXAA2013E - Could not change invoice XXXX status to APPR.
BMXAA1774E - There is no holding location created for this site.
Resolving the problem
This issue has been identified in Maximo 184.108.40.206 as APAR IV09287.
Please contact IBM Maximo Support and request the fix for this issue.