After WebSphere Application Server V8.5 Fix Pack 1 (V188.8.131.52) is installed on the Liberty profile on IBM i (iSeries), an application server will fail to restart when the QEJBSVR user is used.
Version 184.108.40.206 on the Liberty profile on IBM i (iSeries) only. Other platforms are not affected.
WebSphere Application Server V220.127.116.11 includes the fix for APAR PM70325, which added a test that inadvertently tries to write a file to a directory that is inaccessible on IBM i systems. This causes an attempted restart of an application server for a Liberty profile on IBM i to fail with the following error written to the console.log:
CWWKE0044E: There is no write permission for server directory /QIBM/UserData/WebSphere/AppServer/V85LIBERTY/Liberty/wlp/usr/servers/DefaultServletEngine
com.ibm.ws.kernel.boot.LaunchException: Can not create or write to command directory, check server directory permissions
Applying Interim Fix APAR PM75505, which replaces the original APAR PM70325 (as specified below), or a Fix Pack containing the APAR (as specified below), resolves this issue.
For IBM WebSphere Application Server for IBM i:
- Apply the self-extracting archive version of Interim Fix APAR PM75505
- Apply the Installation Manager version of Interim Fix APAR PM75505
- Apply the WebSphere Application Server PTF group which includes Fix Pack 2, or later, when available (V18.104.22.168 targeted to be available in April 2013)
For additional details and information on WebSphere Application Server product updates:
- For Distributed, see Recommended fixes for WebSphere Application Server.
- For i5/OS, see WebSphere Application Server for i5/OS.
- For z/OS, see WebSphere Application Server for z/OS.
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.