Filter Supervisor lookup in Work Order by employee type
Is there a way to filter the out of box Supervisor field and lookup by the person's employee type?
Yes, you need to create a table domain for the Person object and apply it to the Supervisor
Here are the steps to achieve this:
1. Go to Domains
2. At bottom right click Add new Domain >Add New Table Domain
3. Name the Domain such as SUPV
4. You don't need a validation where clause because this is an out of the box lookup
5. Add List where clause as employeetype =1 (my example was using
MAXDEMO and had a choice of 1 or 2)
If you have multiples you want to see it would be employeetype
6. Go to Database Configuration and bring up WORKORDER table.
7. On Attributes tab, find SUPERVISOR and add SUPV to Domain field.
8. on List tab, Apply Configuration Changes and Start DB config and
refresh until it completes.
1. Go to Work Order Tracking and insert a new WO.
2. Go to Supervisor field and click Select Value, only those Person
records which have the employee value(s) you specified in the Domain
List Where Clause appear.
Link to other similar Table domain examples:
1. Filtering an out of box lookup:
2. Using a table domain to filter default lookups
More support for:
Maximo Asset Management
Software version: 6.2.1, 6.2.2, 6.2.3, 6.2.4, 6.2.5, 6.2.6, 6.2.7, 6.2.8, 7.1.1, 7.6
Operating system(s): Platform Independent
Reference #: 1617539
Modified date: 21 October 2015