What information should be gathered before calling IBM Support when you have a deployment problem with a Virtual System, Shared Services, or Virtual Application on PureApplication System?
Gather the following information to expedite problem resolution.
- List the steps leading up to the problem.
- Provide the date and time the problem occurred.
- Capture the Web Console screens showing the error or capture the series of screens showing the steps leading to the error.
- Scroll down and expand the history section and other sections.
- Capture the entire Web Console page including the URL. You will need to capture segments of the page with multiple screen captures.
- Export the system events:
- From the PureApplication System: System Console > System > Events.
- Click on the export icon and follow the prompts to save this information.
- For a Virtual System deployment type, download the deployed Virtual Machine's logs:
- Select Workload Console and navigate to Instances -> Virtual Systems.
- Select the desired instance.
- Expand the "Virtual machines" section in the Details section.
- Near the bottom, look for the "Must Gather Logs" section.
- If the timestamp of the Must Gather Logs is the time of a recent startup (after the startup completed), then the log cloudburst_collect_*.tar file on the right has all the log data and you can download this file.
- If the timestamp is before a complete startup, then click the "Execute Now" link to generate a new set of logs, then download.
- For a Virtual Application or Shared Service deployment type:
- Go to Workload Console and navigate to Instances -> Virtual Application Instances.
- Select the desired instance.
- Expand the "Virtual machine Perspective" section.
- For specific Virtual machine showing the problem, click on the "Log" link.
- The "Log Viewer" screen will be displayed.
- Click on the "Download All' button.
- Save the logs to your personal computer.
- Obtain the Complete Collection Sets:
- Access the Web Console and click on: System Console > System > Troubleshooting.
- From Troubleshooting, the System Log is expanded.
- Click on: Collect Log.
- The Request System Logs dialogue box is displayed.
- The default collection set is Management, change this to "COMPLETE" and click ok to gather this information.
- The dialogue box closes.
- On the Troubleshooting page, the Collection Set table will show the request as pending.
- After the request changes to Available, then under the Action column, click on the "download" icon, and follow the prompts to save the file.
- Contact IBM Support. Reference our technote: Contacting IBM PureApplication System Support to open a PMR.
- Using the PMR number provided, send in the problem documentation you have gathered, following the steps in Exchanging information with IBM PureApplication System Technical Support for problem determination. Do not send any confidential information from your company. Our recommendation is to use the Java utility to upload PureApplication System collections.
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.