RXTRACE Entry/Exit and Program Trace
The RXTRACE command assists in problem determination. Use the RXTRACE command to set Program tracing, to set Entry/Exit tracing, or to set both Program tracing and Entry/Exit tracing.
Resolving the problem
RXTRACE provides entry/exit and program trace capability for REXX execs and command lists. This support is shipped in most IP management commands, as well as in a large number of other base NetView commands. Tracing can be set for a single operator, all operators, or for a series of operators. By default this function is shipped with a setting of NONE.
To use the trace, you will first have to choose option 3 on the RXTRACE panel to change the setting. RXTRACE sends its output to the netlog using EZL260I messages.
Instructions for setting up RXTRACE Entry/Exit and Program Trace
1. From a NetView for z/OS command prompt, enter command: RXTRACE
2. From panel EZLK8100 'Set Trace' select 3. Administrative functions
3. From panel EZLK8130 'Trace Administrative Functions',
Select Trace setting: 1.ON Entry/Exit trace 'Yes' Program Trace 'Yes'
Press the Enter key to save your selection(s)
Panel EZLK8130 should now show: Current Trace Setting is . . ON
4. PF3 to Return to 'Set Trace' panel
5. Select 2 - Program Trace
6. On panel EZLK8120 'Set Program Tracing', under 'Settings for Operator' and 'Settings for Domain' enter the name of the module or modules you want to trace and the trace options you want. Trace option 'I' is Intermediate.
Press the Enter key to save your selection(s).
You should see message: EZL908I SETTINGS REPLACED
7. Once you have recreated the problem you were setting up RXTRACE for, and the trace data has been written to the Netlog (RXTRACE sends its output to the Netlog using EZL260I messages) you may disable the RXTRACE.
8. To Disable RXTRACE
From panel EZLK8130 'Trace Administrative Functions', Select Trace setting:3 NONE
Entry/Exit trace 'Disabled' Program Trace 'Disabled'
Press the Enter key to save your selection.
Panel EZLK8130 should now show: Current Trace Setting is . NONE
Translate this page: