This technote provides troubleshooting methods for when you try to install third party software using the Help > Install New Software option, and the install cannot completed because of the following error: Missing requirement: Shared profile requires org.maven.ide.eclipse.wtp but it could not be found.
- The following error is shown when you try to install third party software using the Help > Install New Software option: Missing requirement: Shared profile requires org.maven.ide.eclipse.wtp but it could not be found
The problem is caused by some files that need to be written during the install process, but the file permission is incorrect.
Diagnosing the problem
- You selected the Maven feature when you installed Rational Application Developer, or you installed the products Maven Integration For Eclipse and Maven Integration for WTP on top of Rational Application Developer.
- You are running Rational Application Developer with a user that does not have full access to the installation directory (for example, Rational Application Developer was installed using Administrator, but now you are running Rational Application Developer with a user that is not Administrator).
Resolving the problem
To resolve this problem:
1. Run Rational Application Developer as Administrator (if you are using Windows) or root (if you are using Linux)
2. Install the third party software.
3. Close Rational Application Developer
4. Start Rational Application Developer with the non-privileged user.
|Software Development||WebSphere Application Server Developer Toolkit for Eclipse||Not Applicable||Linux, Windows, Mac OS||8.5.1|
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.