IBM Content Collector Text Search Support installation fails due to NULL installation directory.
When installing IBM Content Collector Text Search Support, the installer does not prompt the user for the installation directory.
- Before it attempts to install, the summary shows the installation directory as null.
- After installation completes, no files get created.
If the progress of the installation was interrupted abnormally before, some of the invalid values will be saved in the default registry file of Installanywhere. When the the installation was launched next time, the installation application will fetch those values from the registry file, and end-user does not have choice to set the configuration during the installation.
Installing IBM Content Collector Text Search Support
Resolving the problem
Backup the registry file .com.zerog.registry.xml
- For windows platform, C:\Program Files\Zero G Registry\.com.zerog.registry.xml
- For UNIX-based platform, /var
- Delete the registry file .com.zerog.registry.xml
- Restart the installer.