How do you generate an XSD file for a diagram in IBM Rational System Architect?
First of all, the diagram must meet all the following perquisites:
- A current, that is open in System Architect Unified Modeling Lanuage (UML) (per encyclopedia configuration) Class Diagram
- A diagram belonging to a package of stereotype XSD schema
- A diagram programming language XSD
Then, you need to follow these steps:
- Click on Tools > Generate XML Schema
- Click on the ellipses (...) button
- Enter a file name and ensure that the XSD file types is selected
- Click Open
- Click Ok
- The diagram will close after the XSD file is generated
- Look on your file system and you will find the file you specified at Step #3 above
- If an empty file is generated then stereotypes may need to be added to all objects in the diagram and then the above steps performed again.