How do you generate and XSD file for a diagram in IBM Rational System Architect?
For your diagram in Rational System Architect you require specific steps on how to to generate an XSD file for an Extended Markup Language(XML) Schema.
First of all, the diagram must meet these 3 perquisites:
- A current, that is open in System Architect Unified Modeling Lanuage(UML) (per encyclopedia configuration) Class Diagram
- A diagram belonging to a package of stereotype XSD schema
- A diagram programming language XSD
Then, you need to follow these 5 steps:
- Click on Tools -> Generate XML Schema
- Click on the ellipses (...) button
- Enter a file name and ensure that the XSD file types is selected
- Click Open
- Click Ok
The diagram will close after the XSD file is generated.
Look on your file system and you will find the file you specified at #3 above.