While running a report we end up getting error DPR-ERR-2077 Failed to forward the request because the associated external process with PID is unavailable. This report contains a list object.
Following error is received while running a report which has a list object
DPR-ERR-2077 Failed to forward the request because the associated external process with PID is unavailable, either because the process is shutting down, or this was an absolute affinity request and the requested process does not exist anymore. For more information enable the dispatcher and external process detailed logs, and reproduce the conditions that caused the error.
The query associated with list object had the property 'Processing' set to database only, however the query had calculated data items which needs local processing, hence causing the error.
Resolving the problem
Steps to resolve the error:
1. Open the report In Report Studio.
2. Click on 'Query Explorer' and then select the query associated with list report.
3. Set the property 'Processing' to Default or Limited Local
4. 'Use Local Cache' as Default.
5. Save the report.
6. Now execute the report it should successfully.