General Availability of IBM Sterling Transportation Management System version 6.9.5 is 27 October 2012.
IBM Sterling Transportation Management System provides web-based access to a collaborative logistics network of carriers, shippers, and customers.
Sterling Transportation Management System gives you the tools you need to automate the planning and execution of your inbound and outbound transportation processes. It spans the entire transportation process, from planning and optimization to shipment execution and performance management. You can use Sterling Transportation Management System to plan and execute all shipments from single mode point-to-point shipments to complex multimode shipments that require routes with multiple stops and pickups.
Sterling Transportation Management System can help you to:
- Centrally plan all shipments and consolidate orders into loads to select the most optimal transportation mode, carrier mix, and route at the lowest cost.
- Electronically procure load tenders quickly and easily, gaining visibility into the order as it moves from purchase order placement to final delivery and fulfillment.
- Automate transportation invoice processing and payment approvals.
- Measure transportation performance to enable accurate cost analysis.
Version 6.9.5 delivers the following new capabilities:
- Ability to plan and execute multi-leg and multi-modal international shipments
With this capability, you can now calculate all subsequent arrival dates on multi-leg international shipments and automatically make revisions, notifying all parties of any changes.
- Enhanced search capabilities so that multiple references can be used when searching on orders or shipments
This capability enables you to receive more targeted search results and offers more timely status updates.
For more information, see the US Announcement Letter for Sterling Transportation Management System . Information for other country announcement letters is located here.
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.