What Information needs to be collected for IBM support to help analyze and understand a TBSM performance issue?
Collecting this information before calling IBM support will help you understand the problem and save time analyzing the data
The following items are needed to help analysis TBSM performance problems:
1) If your issue involves an Out of Memory, please see OOM techonote instead.
2) In order to engage the Performance TEAM's assistance, please complete the required Performance Survey (attached):
a) For TBSM 4.2.1, please download TBSM_PerformanceSurvey_v1.6.doc
b) For TBSM 6.1, please download TBSMPerformance Survey_v1.8.doc
c) Send completed TBSM performance Survey back to Support
To send information to IBM, please first rename any file so they begin with your PMR number (which is an 11 digit number like 99999,999,999). To upload your file(s) either use a web browser through the following link:
1. ftp ftp.emea.ibm.com
2. User: anonymous
3. Password: <youremail address>
4. cd toibm/tivoli
6. put #####.###.###.PeformanceSurvey.doc
3) Please visit the TBSM WIKI (and select the section under Performance and Tuning ) to find information describing some of the performance tuning methodologies and configuration options available to use with TBSM, how to interpret and analyze the results of performance data collections, and recommendations for installing and tuning TBSM to achieve optimal scale and performance in your own unique TBSM environment.