Mixed language may appear in Menu tool bar after upgrading WebSphere Transformation Extender Design Studio from 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124 on non-English Windows Operating System
After upgrading IBM WebSphere Transformation Extender Design Studio from 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52 on Japanese Windows Operating System, part of the Menu tool bar is displayed in English and part of the Menu tool bar is displayed in Japanese. The same problem is found on Chinese Windows Operating System. This issue may occur on different Windows Operating System versions.
The problem occurs because the WebSphere Transformation Extender (WTX) Design Studio 8.4.0.x releases do not include all of the base Eclipse platform translations.
Resolving the problem
The problem is planned to be fixed in next release. One of the following two methods can be used to resolve the problem.
- Uninstall and Reinstall WTX Design Studio v8.4.0.x
1. Uninstall WTX Design Studio v184.108.40.206 or v220.127.116.11 experiencing the problem.
Note: Any WTX v8.4 software or Packs for WTX v8.4 using the same installation directory should also be uninstalled before removing the installation directory.
2. Remove the installation directory, if present.
3. Install WTX Design Studio v18.104.22.168.
Note: Any other WTX v8.4 software or Packs for WTX v8.4 software that were uninstalled will also need to be reinstalled. All WTX 8.4 software using the same installation directory must be installed with the same Fix Pack level. For example, if WTX Design Studio and WTX for Launcher (32 bit) are both installed in the same directory, then both must be the same v22.214.171.124 Fix Pack level.
- Install the translations from the Eclipse website
1. Start WTX Design Studio.
2. Click Help menu and select "Install New Software...".
3. Click the "Add..." button to add a Repository with the following Name and Location:
Location: http://archive.eclipse.org/technology/babel/update-site/R0.9.0/helios Note: The "Work with:" value should be the following and display a list of Babel Language Packs. Work with: Language - http://archive.eclipse.org/technology/babel/update-site/R0.9.0/helios
4. Select the "Babel Language Pack in <language>" from the list for the language experiencing the problem.
Note: <language> is the language with the problem, for example Japanese.
5. Select Next and then Finish to install the selected Babel Language Pack.