Why doesn't my TEMA (Tivoli NetView for z/OS Enterprise Management Agent) receive data from NetView for z/OS V6R1?
Verify status and connections with operator commands and messages
Things to check in the NetView for z/OS address space:
• Verify that the PPI is active.
• Verify that NetView for z/OS is connected to the agent.
The NetView for z/OS 'NACTL LISTCONN' command should produce output like the following if NetView for z/OS is connected:
* NTVE4 NACTL LISTCONN
BNH888I DISPLAY OF NETVIEW ENTERPRISE MANAGEMENT AGENT CONNECTIONS
BNH889I TASK STATUS SOURCE DEST PPI LCL PPI
BNH890I NAME NAME RECEIVER RECEIVER
BNH834I -------- ------------ -------- --------- ---------
BNH834I AUTONALC CONNECTED NTVE4 CNMEMARX NTVE4
Note the CONNECTED status. (Dest PPI receiver value will match the BNH857I value for receiver should the NVEMACMD be used). In addition, the syslog should have a BNH880I message from the agent indicating that the NetView node is connected:
09.29.17 STC04692 BNH880I NETVIEW ENTERPRISE MANAGEMENT AGENT NTVE4 SUBNODE IS ACTIVE
• Verify that the data collectors are running with NACLT LISTINFO.
Things to check in the agent address space:
• Verify that the agent job is active
z/OS command D J,<agentjob> will show if agent is running.
• Verify that the agent initialized successfully
Look for BNH messages issued by agent at initialization
BNH877I NETVIEW ENTERPRISE MANAGEMENT AGENT INTERFACE IS READY FOR WORK
BNH856I NETVIEW ENTERPRISE MANAGEMENT AGENT INITIALIZED SUCCESSFULLY
• Verify that the PPI is active.
• Verify that the agent is connected to the PPI and check the PPI sender/receiver names. The z/OS MODIFY <agentjob>,NVEMACMD command can be used for this.
- 17.12.21 NMP219 f cansna,nvemacmd status
- 17.12.21 NMP219 STC04692 BNH858I NETVIEW ENTERPRISE MANAGEMENT AGENT PROGRAM TO PROGRAM INTERFACE IS ACTIVE
00- 17.19.50 NMP219 f cansna,NVEMACMD PPIINFO
- 17.19.50 NMP219 STC04692 BNH857I PROGRAM TO PROGRAM INTERFACE SENDER CNMEMATX
- 17.19.50 NMP219 STC04692 BNH857I PROGRAM TO PROGRAM INTERFACE RECEIVER CNMEMARX
• Verify that the agent is connected to the TEMS. In the RKLVLOG for the agent, look for these entries (substitute the customer’s values for CMS and transport):
2012.241 15:28:47.92 (00AC-D372343:kraaulog.cpp,755,"IRA_OutputLogMsg") Connecting to CMS PARMGRTE:CMS
2012.241 15:28:47.92 (00AD-ED372343:kraaulog.cpp,543,"ctira_insert_log") KRAREGG000, Connecting to CMS PARMGRTE:CMS, Producer(IRA_Manager
2012.241 15:28:47.92 (00AE-ED372343:kraarreg.cpp,1125,"ConnectToProxy") Successfully connected to CMS PARMGRTE:CMS using ip.pipe:#9
2012.241 15:28:47.92 .126.96.36.1998.
Most Agent configuration is contained in the KNAENV member of the RKANPARU data set in the run-time environment. Most of the configuration on the NetView side is done in CNMSTYLE. A key point to check is that the KNA_PPIRCV statement in KNAENV should match the value for (TEMA)NACMD.DESTPPI in CNMSTYLE.
The agent log is defined by the RKLVLOG DD statement in the agent startup job. By default, the log is assigned to SYSOUT class X. The log can be moved to a dataset by using the SDSF PRINT facility.
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.