Attempt to install IBM Rational RequisitePro via HP Client Automation Application Self-Service Manager results in the error "Client Automation Application Self - Service Manager Error - 709".
Installing IBM Rational RequisitePro via HP Client Automation Application Self-Service Manager fails with the following error:
Client Automation Application Self - Service Manager Error - 709
Installation of a component failed. The program/method used to install the component returned an error. Click OK to continue...
Resolving the problem
To resolve this error, apply the following steps:
- Click on Start
- Navigate to Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs
- Uninstall all the Rational Softwares (i.e. which are related) installed using HP Client
- Once the removal is complete, ensure that the following registry keys/trees are deleted:
- Delete the <install drive>\Program Files\Rational directory
- Reboot the system
- Reinstall RequisitePro with an account that has Local Administrator rights
Note: If a reboot is required, ensure that you login to the machine with the same account that started the installation, this will ensure that the installation is complete.
- Once RequisitePro works then you can proceed with the installation of other Rational tools which you have uninstalled