Attempt to install IBM Rational RequisitePro via HP Client Automation Application Self-Service Manager results in the error "Client Automation Application Self - Service Manager Error - 709".
Installing IBM Rational RequisitePro via HP Client Automation Application Self-Service Manager fails with the following error:
Client Automation Application Self - Service Manager Error - 709
Installation of a component failed. The program/method used to install the component returned an error. Click OK to continue...
Resolving the problem
To resolve this error, apply the following steps:
- Click on Start
- Navigate to Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs
- Uninstall all the Rational Softwares (i.e. which are related) installed using HP Client
- Once the removal is complete, ensure that the following registry keys/trees are deleted:
- Delete the <install drive>\Program Files\Rational directory
- Reboot the system
- Reinstall RequisitePro with an account that has Local Administrator rights
Note: If a reboot is required, ensure that you login to the machine with the same account that started the installation, this will ensure that the installation is complete.
- Once RequisitePro works then you can proceed with the installation of other Rational tools which you have uninstalled
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.