Creating the MSI file from Statistics 21 executable on Windows
How do I create the MSI file for IBM SPSS Statistics 21.0 to use for an unattended/silent/Push installation of the software product?
The Microsoft Installer (MSI) file for the IBM SPSS Statistics product is not available as a separate download.
Accessing MSI file for IBM SPSS Statistics is dependent upon the installation media you have received.
**Disk Media (CD/DVD)**
(1) Insert the disk.
(2) IF prompted to install the software, select 'Cancel'.
(3) Open Windows Explorer.
(4) Open the 'Windows' folder.
(5) Open the 'SPSSStatistics' folder.
The 32-bit MSI file will be located in the 'win32'. folder.
The 64-bit MSI file will be located in the 'win64' folder.
**Compressed ZIP file**
(1) Extract (decompress) the contents of the ZIP file into a designated folder.
(2) The MSI folder will located in the designated folder.
**Executable (IBM Component) file**
(1) Download and save the installer executable. (e.g. 'SPSS_Statistics_21_win32_.exe').
(2) Create a directory to receive the *.msi file. (e.g. 'C:\Users\Public\Stats MSI').
(3) Open Command Prompt and change directory to the directory where the installer executable was saved.
(4) Type the name of the installer executable (e.g. 'SPSS_Statistics_21_win32_.exe').
(5) Press Space.
(6) Type the following: /b
(7) Press Space.
(8) Type a double-quote (").
(9) Type the full directory path of the folder created to receive the *.msi file (e.g. 'C:\Users\Public\Stats MSI').
(10) Type a double-quote (").
(11) Press Enter.
(12) A window will appear containing a reference to 'InstallShield Wizard'.
(13) The window will display the status of the product *.msi file.
(14) A window will appear containing the phrase 'Welcome to the InstallShield Wizard'.
(15) Select the 'Cancel' button.
(16) A window will appear requesting confirmation (e.g. 'Are you sure...'), select the 'Yes' button.
(17) A window will appear containing the phrase 'InstallShield Wizard Completed'.
(18) Select the 'Finish' button.
(19) Open Windows Explorer.
(20) Browse to the location where the *.msi was extracted (e.g. 'C:\Users\Public\Stats MSI').
Note 3: For documentation on IBM SPSS-specific commands for use with *.msi files, see 'Administrator's Guide' appropriate to your license type (e.g. 'Site', 'Concurrent', 'Single/Authorized User').
Translate this page: